New Educational Series: Seniors Learning Without Barriers
The Province of Ontario has funded the development of a new educational series ‘Seniors Learning Without Barriers’. Ontario Society of Senior Citizens Organizations is offering these programs to be delivered across Ontario by OSSCO local trainers or through a ‘train the trainer’ format for seniors in the community.
- OSSCO Local Trainers can be requested from and funded by OSSCO. These programs are delivered free of charge (subject to available funding) to seniors in the following communities: Toronto, GTA, Sudbury, Sault Ste. Marie, Niagara Region, London and Windsor Essex.
- OSSCO Learning Champions can be trained by OSSCO to deliver program(s) in their community. This is a volunteer based program delivery and this train the trainer format includes a full-length video, slide deck, trainer notes, group discussions/exercises and handouts.
The Seniors Learning Without Barriers educational series includes the following workshop topics:
- Elder Abuse Prevention & Awareness
- Healthy Involvement in Public Policy by Seniors
- Home Is Where I Am
- Aging With Good Sense
- Overcoming Loneliness & Social Isolation
To request an OSSCO Local Trainer to to be come an OSSCO Learning Champion, please contact OSSCO by phone: 416-785-8570 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org