Dementia Talk App – Launches January 25!
Are you a family caregiver or professional caring for someone with dementia?
The Dementia Talk App created by the Reitman Centre at Sinai Health System will officially launch on Friday January 25, 2019. Dementia Talk is an award winning app that is designed to empower caregivers in managing dementia care, tracking and understanding behavioural changes and connecting with their circle of care.
Dementia Talk Mobile and Web Application
Those caring for a person with dementia often struggle with how to deal with behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia. Dementia Talk is a mobile application designed to help caregivers of people with dementia track and develop effective responses to behaviours and emotions of persons with dementia at home as well as connecting them with members of the circle of care. App users have access to six main features:
- A behaviour tracker that helps keep track on behavioural symptoms and generates a graph that helps identify any patterns as well as follow up on progression over time.
- Behaviour Care Plan – where caregivers are guided in creating a personalized plan to address specific behavioural symptoms browsing through a list of potential, literature based triggers and clinically proven strategies.
- Medication list – to keep track on medications. This feature also alerts to medications that according to the literature might be unfit for persons with dementia.
- Scheduler – A place for the caregiver to keep track on schedule and tasks.
- My Team – allows caregivers to invite other members of the circle of care such as: personal support worker, clinicians, other family members, etc. to join their account so they can view and/or participate in the care. For example team members pending on permission granted by the caregiver can help track behaviours and be assigned to specific tasks through the App.
- Caregiver corner – a corner dedicated to the caregiver to provide self-care tips, mindfulness exercise and link to services.
Dementia Talk is currently under Beta testing.
To watch the YouTube video on the Dementia Talk App, please click here
For more information, please click here.