Get involved with Ontario Society of Senior Citizens Organizations /La Société des Organisations des Citoyens Aînés de l’Ontario (OSSCO©©©) by becoming a member.
Your membership and support makes it possible for us to be a more effective resource and voice for seniors in Ontario. Your organizational or individual membership strengthens our abilities to review public policy and legislation that impacts on an aging population.
There are 2 categories of membership: Voting Membership and Non-Voting Membership. All members receive the same membership benefits except the right to vote at annual general meetings or special membership meetings.
- Voting Membership is available to organizations which are non-profits, charities or networks of seniors’ organizations including individual members. Category A members have voting privileges.
- Non-Voting Membership is available to private sector employers or government agencies. Category B members do not have voting privileges.
As an OSSCO©©© member you can:
- Receive monthly e-newsletters including position papers and publications
- Participate in OSSCO©©© government consultations and representations
- Participate in OSSCO©©© member forums and surveys
- Participate in membership identified educational programming
- Receive information first about educational forums, conferences and educational programs
- Request complimentary transportation to OSSCO©©© signature events (on a first come, first serve basis and based on availability)
- Support and assistance via OSSCO©©© member networks
Your support helps us:
- Strengthen the voice of local seniors’ communities across Ontario.
- Increase our capacity to engage in social policy research, analysis and raising awareness of the needs of seniors’ communities and the organizations that serve them.
- Maintain our role as an independent voice for positive change for seniors’ communities in Ontario.
To become a member, please complete our membership form.
OSSCO©©© honors individuals and organizations that demonstrate commitment to social justice in leadership, transformational advancements and innovative engagement. The prestigious DAN BENEDICT MEMORIAL AWARD is presented at OSSCO©©©’s Ontario Premier Seniors’ Conference and Information Fair. This award is an opportunity to nominate a colleague for recognition of their outstanding work. Click Here to download the nomination forms. Please note nominations for this award are collected up to 45 days before the Annual General Meeting
2015 Dan Benedict Memorial Award recipient Herb John.